About the company:
ArgusMedia is an independent media organisation with 1,200 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 28 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Company produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use their data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
About the project:
This role will work on new applications and data sets to expand our internal and external capability. You will help Argus Technology scale and move our applications to be high-performance, distributed globally, and highly available.You will contribute directly to the quality of application design and implementation and will work with market experts and data scientists to give them the tools they need to continue expanding the company.
- .NET 6/.NET Core, Angular 14+
- AWS: EC2, S3, CloudFormation, Cloudfront, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch, RDS Aurora, DynamoDb, SQS/SNS
- Tools: Visual Studio 2022 Enterprise, JetBrains All Products (Webstorm, DataGrip, etc.), Dynatrace, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, Kibana, ElasticSearch, Jira, GitHub, PubNub, Redux, GitHub Actions, Oracle
- Collaborate with internal teams to deliver required APIs for future development.
- Frontend/backend – 70%/30%
- Maintain and support our existing platforms
- Review code from junior staff and maintain code quality
- Intermediate English
- 2+ years of development (.NET/C#)
- 1+ years of frontend development (Angular 7+)
- Familiarity with Design Patterns
- SCSS, Flexbox
- AWS, Lambda or equivalent.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies
- Be part of a profitable, expanding UK Product company (business trips to London)
- Be a Senior engineer with control of technical decisions and architecture (no top-down architecture)
- Free access to O’Reilly Books Online and Udemy
- Managers will help to build a personal development plan and grow
- Annual Salary review
- No overtime. 40 hours per week maximum
- Developer-friendly environment, clever, friendly colleagues. Minimum corporate interference
- HR Prescreen call (~20 min)
- Call with Engineering Manager (~40 min)
- Technical Interview (~2 hours):
- The first hour is an offline technical test
- In the second hour, the following people should join to check the test result
Are you interested?
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information