Swivl are looking for tech lead to develop the software for a new hardware product.
Swivl was founded in 2010. We have offices from Silicon Valley to Kiev, Ukraine and Hong Kong, China. And we are backed by a world-class team of investors including Idea Bulb Ventures, Fresco Ventures, Grishin Robotics, Newbury Ventures, Kima Ventures, Zhen Fund and more.
We were one of the first startups to successfully use crowdfunding, and we have been developing educator focused solutions ever since. Now we’re taking it to the next level. We’re working on something that is as transformational to education as the invention of the MOOC. Its an intelligent platform that we call the Interactive Class.
More than 50,000 Schools and Universities use our video solutions. But we’re about more than just video. We believe classroom technology needs to follow the same transformation teaching has undergone. From sage on the stage to guide on the side. Technology needs to get less immersive. It needs to focus on helping free up teachers to be more effective at personalization and reinforce the social bonds that make up our learning environments.
We are looking for people who are experienced, execution-oriented, startup aware. If you want to grow fast and learn a lot, we are the right choice. We also want candidates who are excited to work on projects that are combining web, mobile, and hardware. This is a very unique opportunity with a lot of growth potential.
- Solid experience in embedded software development (knowing how to develop Linux drivers, build kernel, extensions, and modifications)
- Excellent knowledge of C/С++ language and experience in embedded development
- Embedded software architecture design experience; understanding of various embedded OSs and driver platforms
- Experience leading development team/projects
- English — Upper Intermediate/Advanced — this point is a must, since part of our team is located in US
Your daily task on job
- Develop embedded software, build Linux kernel, developer Linux drivers, extensions, and modifications
- Code review, test, debug and documentation
- Collaborating with engineering teams and PM
Will be a plus
- Experience with video and audio pipeline handling (video processing, streaming, encoding/decoding)
- Possibility to work remotely
- Career and professional growth
- Opportunity to influence the development process
- Flexible management
- Continuous professional development (free internal and external professional training)
- Good compensation package: paid vacation and sick leave, gym, English courses, entrepreneur administration, tax compensation.
Swivl is a global leader in easy to use and highly impactful classroom video solutions. Our award-winning tools are used by over 50,000 schools for teacher observations, professional development and distance learning.
There are around 80 employees in Ukraine (project and product managers, QAs, designers, developers, devops, product experts etc.)