Kyiv, Ukraine | Remote, Ukraine
Help doxy.me build meaningful software in healthcare used by doctors, patients, and researchers worldwide.
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer motivated by unique, interesting, meaningful challenges in the healthcare sector. We need your help with discovering the idea of building an app store with 3rd party extensions for doxy.me and be a main technology driver during the implementation phase.
doxy.me is a product company founded 7 years ago by a team of technologists, academics, researchers, and innovators from the USA and Ukraine. We are an American company and work in English. We help doctors provide remote medical care, researchers collect structured data, the general public understand personal risks of disease, and much much more. Our products include:
- doxy.me: The simple, free, and secure telemedicine solution currently used by over 700,000 doctors worldwide and helping over 500,000 patients per day.
- dokbot.io: Patient-focused data collection for healthcare.
- ItRunsInMyFamily.com: Using health history to identify risks of cancer and other diseases that run in families.
doxy.me tech stack
- React, Node.js, Typescript, WebRTC, Loopback 4, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, AngularJS
- 3rd party: Vonage, Pubnub, Segment, Twilio, Stripe
- Collaborative. We have multiple cross-functional teams that work together to make our platform the best it can be. Our engineers enjoy being involved in identifying problems and exploring potential solutions.
- Empathetic. We listen to and strive to understand the patients and providers that depend on our work. Millions of people depend on our products to solve their very real health problems every day!
- Empowering. We are building products, where your ideas and expertise can help revolutionize the healthcare industry. We encourage our engineers to spearhead projects and ideas. Our employees have the power to create change!
20 days paid time off, flexible public holidays, unlimited sick leave, health insurance, extensive educational program, Macbook, office hub in Kyiv (Podil), remote working environment.
What will you do
- Contribute changes to the doxy.me software application platform to make integration of the app store extensions possible.
- Design and implement app store software architecture.
- Implement the app store frontend part.
- Build extensions, that will be published on the app store and integrated to doxy.me.
- Collaborate with businesses on validating app store idea and contribute to the product discovery process.
- Career progression opportunity: lead engineering of the Marketplace team aimed to create an ecosystem for doxy.me users by integrating the platform with various 3rd party services and tools.
- Proven experience with building app store solutions.
- Solid experience with ReactJS and Node.js.
- Extensive experience building both internal and external APIs and working with 3rd party services and tools.
- Hands-on with system architecture design and review.
- An exceptionally strong developer.
- Focused on code quality and have the discipline to test your changes thoroughly.
- Experience being the first engineer in a startup will be an advantage.
Stages of communication
- 30-min general conversation on doxy.me platform with the Recruitment Partner Liuda Ziuman.
- 1.45-hour general conversation with the Director of Engineering Andrey Zhupanenko, the CTO Heath Morrison, and a Product Manager.
- 1.30-hour technical interview with Frontend and Backend Practice Leads.
Also, to ensure HIPAA compliance we do a candidate’s background check after extending a job offer. We look forward to hearing from you! :)