Kiev, Ukraine | Remote, Worldwide
Doxy.me is looking for an experienced UI Developer to help us build delightful user interfaces for the web. You will work closely with our Frontend Lead and UI/UX design team to implement user experiences used by millions of patients and doctors worldwide.
- React, Node.js, Typescript, WebRTC, Loopback 4, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker.
- 3rd party: Tokbox, Pubnub, Segment, Twilio, Stripe.
About the company
Doxy.me is a product company founded 7 years ago by a team of technologists, academics, researchers, and innovators from the USA and Ukraine. We are an American company and work in English.
We help doctors provide remote medical care, researchers collect structured data, the general public understand personal risks of disease, and much much more. Our products include:
- Doxy.me: The simple, free, and secure telemedicine solution currently used by over 700,000 doctors worldwide and helping over 500,000 patients per day.
- dokbot.io: Patient-focused data collection for healthcare.
- ItRunsInMyFamily.com: Using health history to identify risks of cancer and other diseases that run in families.
- Friendly, patient, communicative, and honest. We are an American company and hire people that fit into the culture of our company. We take cultural fit quite seriously, even more than technical expertise.
- Empathy for our customers and users. Millions of normal people depend on our products to solve their very real health problems. We expect you to listen to and strive to understand the patients and providers that depend on our work.
- Motivated to be more than “just a coder”. We are building products, and have a seat for you at our table where your ideas and expertise can shape how these products are formed.
What will you do:
- Implement a UI toolkit of React-based web components according to design standards set by our UI/UX team and technical standards set by our Frontend Lead.
- Support our internal product development teams in the proper use of your UI toolkit.
- Implement small user interface touches like transitions and animations that improve user experience.
- Seek out and implement general web and mobile web user interface improvements across all of our products.
- Be part of an Architecture team together with Frontend/Backend Practice leads, Software Architect.
- Participate in LeSS process and Scrum ceremonies.
- A deep understanding of modern frontend web interface development, including HTML5/CSS3, modern layout tools (flexbox, CSS grid, etc), essential web APIs (DOM, Web Animations, SVG, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience of building user interfaces for the mobile web.
- Experience building web components with React.
- Enthusiasm for great UX (training available).
- Upper-Intermediate level of English.
Stages of communication:
- 30-min general conversation on Doxy.me platform with Recruitment Partner Liuda Ziuman.
- 1-hour technical interview with a few team members from a development team.
- 1.5-hour general conversation with Director of Engineering Andrey Zhupanenko and a few team members.
Also, to ensure HIPAA compliance we do a candidate’s background check after extending a job offer.
We look forward to hearing from you! :)