Dnipro, Ukraine | Kharkiv, Ukraine
About the company:
Sparkybit is a leading German software development company, with a focus on fintech, open banking, banking technology, and SME IT planning. It partners with small to mid-size enterprise to deliver software solutions and expertise to speed time to market, while also supporting the digital transformation journey.
About client and project:
We are looking for a specialist for the Acronis project. They provide solutions for container visualization. Acronis solutions are trusted by over 5 million users and 500,000 enterprises worldwide. We have been working with this project on an outstaff/outsource basis for almost 2 years.
Virtualization backup team is responsible for the integration of the company’s flagship product (Acronis Backup) with various virtualization platforms, in order to perform backup and restore operations with virtual machines (and hypervisor hosts). The team consists of 20+ highly skilled C++ and Go Developers and QAs (strong middle and senior level), Dnipro team has couple C++ Devs and QA.
In Virtualization backup team, you will be working on various challenging issues from various fields, such as:
- Figuring out in-depth work of VMware ESXi, Hyper-V, Virtuozzo, and other hypervisors to address platform-specific issues;
- Deep understanding of file systems management and parsing (FAT, NTFS, Ext, XFS, ReFS);
- Understanding the boot sequence of operating systems to ensure bootability across different virtualization platforms during VM backup and restore;
- Performing integration with Azure, Google, Oracle, Amazon clouds, XenServer platforms.
Virtualization team works both on the implementation of brand new features and fixing existing product-related issues.
What to do?
- participate in building of automated testing framework;
- design, code and execute automated test scenarios;
- maintain and design test environments required for tests execution and manual tests;
- work with other teams to understand the business requirements and logic, relevant use cases, scenarios, and functional flows for the system under test;
- participate in manual testing of the product features.
What we’re looking for:
- strong experience in manual QA of client-server applications and web-based systems;
- good experience in tests automation development;
- solid knowledge of Python;
Will be a plus:
- prior experience with Cloud platforms and services;
- experience with backup software;
- experience with behavior-driven development (BDD);
- prior experience with any virtualization platforms (VMware, Microsoft Hyperv, KVM)
- greater freedom in work, in the choice of technologies, and the ability to realize ideas;
- openness and simplicity in communication with all employees of the company, the speed of resolving all issues;
- work as PE;
- cozy office in the city center;
- 18 working days of vacation, paid sick leave.
Stages of communication:
- ~30-minute prescreen
- 1.5-hour Technical interview with Lead
- Interview with Auto QA
If you are interested in this vacancy and you want to discuss all details, please, contact: email@example.com