Kiev, Ukraine | Remote, Worldwide
Doxy.me is looking for a Senior Node.js Engineer motivated by unique, interesting, meaningful challenges in the healthcare sector.
We need your expertise to help us with putting order to our backend APIs, transition from Loopback 2 to Loopback 4 and setting up backend technical leadership. You’ll be the owner of the backend codebase which is built in Node.js and Loopback.
Tech/Tools: React, Angular, Vue.js, Node.js, Loopback, Typescript, ES2017+, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.
About the company
Doxy.me is a US-based tech company founded 7 years ago by a team of academics and technologists. Our development team is based in Kyiv, lead on-site by one of our American cofounders (Heath).
We help doctors provide remote medical care, researchers collect structured data, the general public understand personal risks of disease, and much much more. Our products include:
- Doxy.me: The simple, free, and secure telemedicine solution currently used by over 700,000 doctors worldwide and helping over 500,000 patients per day.
- dokbot.io: Patient-focused data collection for healthcare.
- ItRunsInMyFamily.com: Using health history to identify risks of cancer and other diseases that run in families.
- Customer-centric approach. This is one of our core values and we need you to support it. We hire people that believe in what we believe.
- Growth mindset and T-shaped people. We really care about the products we’re building, and we want your ideas and expertise to be a part of it.
- Friendly, patient, communicative, and honest. We are an American company and hire people that fit into the culture of our company. Cultural fit has the same importance for us, as your technical skills.
What to do?
- Set the vision for doxy.me backend by establishing design patterns and shipping features.
- Review current considerations on the migration approach (LB2->LB4).
- Push forward and advocate Loopback 2 to Loopback 4 transition.
- Work with engineering team to develop new features with Node.js/Loopback on the backend.
- Investigate new backend technologies and how they can be applied to improve our product.
- Be part of cross-functional “Marketplace” team, as soon, as it will be created, together with software engineers, analysts, domain experts and researchers.
- Participate in LeSS process and Scrum ceremonies.
Why work at Doxy.me?
- We pride ourselves on being friendly, patient, communicative, and honest, and we hire people that fit into the culture of our company.
- Competitive pay with nice perks and a flexible and friendly approach to work.
- The office is located in Podil (metro Kontraktova) with flexible attendance, remote.
What we’re looking for:
- The ability to establish design patterns that will serve as prior art to others.
- Proved experience with architecting Node.js web applications.
- An exceptionally strong developer - we are looking for a hands-on person.
- You've shipped complex projects and features based on Node.js/MySQL.
- Focused on code quality and have the discipline to test your changes thoroughly.
- Ready to discuss possible solutions and different approaches to a problem.
- Will be a huge advantage: experience with Loopback framework.
- Upper-Intermediate English.
Stages of communication:
1. We have one interview:
- first part is a 1.5-hour general conversation on Doxy.me platform with Andrey Zhupanenko, Director of Engineering, and a few team members.
- 25-min pause;
- second part is a 1-hour technical interview with a few team members from a development team.
2. To ensure HIPAA compliance we do a candidate’s background check after extending a job offer.
If you are interested in this vacancy and you want to discuss all details, please, contact firstname.lastname@example.org