Wix.com’s System team. We’re responsible for defining the system architecture and requirements of the company and work to monitor, manage, and maintain our global infrastructure.
Our R&D department has more than 100 production changes a day - that’s over 2,000 a month!
Situated in the middle of this fast-paced development environment, our Systems team has to work both independently and with others.
We're looking for a bright, solution-oriented System Engineer to join the team and build, run, manage, and monitor security aspects of our cloud-based and physical environments.
A System Engineer with 3+ years’ experience in live production systems.
You’re passionate about automating things to make life simple and have experience with at least one programming language - Python, Ruby, Golang, etc.
You’re also great with Linux system internals and shell scripting (bash/sh/etc), have experience running production systems over the cloud, and have used configuration management/deployment tools like Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
You know how to use provisioning tools like Terraform and have spent a lot of time managing scalable web applications.
You like to dig into security aspects of Cloud and Physical environments.
Bonus points if you have:
- Strong networking foundations: TCP/IP, DNS, Load-balancers, network security.
- Worked with Docker or other container-based technologies.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL technologies like MySQL, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Kafka, Zookeeper.
- Experience with monitoring tools.
- Experience with PCI and Hardware environments
- Experience with Openstack/Nutanix operations
As a System Engineer, you will:
- Build multi-data center architecture with thousands of servers.
- Quickly identify and resolve infrastructural bugs.
- Get a chance to work with virtually all aspects of our rapidly-developing infrastructure.
- Drive the success of our systems’ advancements, cooperating with the development, support, and QA teams.