Doxy.me is looking for a Tech Lead Frontend Engineer with an Audio/Video and WebRTC experience motivated by unique, interesting, meaningful challenges in the healthcare sector.
Your work is the incredibly important link between our customers and our goal to raise product NPS. What you will do affects hundreds of thousands doctors and patients every single day. You will work directly with CTO Heath Morrison, Director of Engineering Andrey Zhupanenko, Director Of Technical Operations Case Jones.
Tech/Tools: React, Angular, Vue.js, Node.js, Loopback, Typescript, ES2017+, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.
About the company
Doxy.me is a US-based tech company founded 7 years ago by a team of academics and technologists. Our development team is based in Kyiv, lead on-site by one of our American cofounders (Heath).
We help doctors provide remote medical care, researchers collect structured data, the general public understand personal risks of disease, and much much more. Our products include:
- Doxy.me: The simple, free, and secure telemedicine solution currently used by over 700,000 doctors worldwide and helping over 500,000 patients per day.
- dokbot.io: Patient-focused data collection for healthcare.
- ItRunsInMyFamily.com: Using health history to identify risks of cancer and other diseases that run in families.
- Customer-centric approach. This is one of our core values and we need you to support it. We hire people that believe in what we believe.
- Growth mindset and T-shaped people. We really care about the products we’re building, and we want your ideas and expertise to be a part of it.
- Friendly, patient, communicative, and honest. We are an American company and hire people that fit into the culture of our company. Cultural fit has the same importance for us, as your technical skills.
What to do?
- Advance the level of WebRTC expertise of the development team.
- Assist in raising the bar of doxy.me call quality and making better user experience.
- Define implementation strategies that deliver value quickly in small increments while enabling easy adaptation for future enhancements.
- Drive call quality optimization process and be open to prioritize fixes and improvements over new features.
- Be part of a cross-functional “Call experience” team together with software engineers, analysts, domain experts, and researchers.
- Participate in LeSS process and Scrum ceremonies.
Why work at Doxy.me?
- We pride ourselves on being friendly, patient, communicative, and honest, and we hire people that fit into the culture of our company.
- Competitive pay with nice perks and a flexible and friendly approach to work.
- The office is located in Podil (metro Kontraktova) with flexible attendance, remote.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with large-scale RTC systems.
- Thoughtful approach to decision making, knowing when to move fast and when to long-term optimize.
- Being up to date with the latest frontend and RTC technologies and patterns, and enjoy sharing what you've learned.
- Have strong UX sensibilities and enjoy polishing the details that matter, without falling into rabbit holes
- Upper-Intermediate English.
Stages of communication:
- 1.5-hour general conversation on Doxy.me platform with Andrey Zhupanenko, Director of Engineering, and a few team members.
- 2-3-hours testing task.
- 1.5-hour technical interview with live-coding “Doxy.me screen-share”.
- To ensure HIPAA compliance we do a candidate’s background check after extending a job offer.
We look forward to hearing from you! :)