Kiev, Ukraine | Remote, Worldwide
Doxy.me is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer motivated by unique, interesting, meaningful challenges in the healthcare sector.
Your work is the incredibly important link between our customers and our goal to raise product NPS. What you will do affects hundreds of thousands doctors and patients every single day.
Tech/Tools: React, Angular, Vue.js, Node.js, Loopback, Typescript, ES2017+, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.
About the company
Doxy.me is a US-based tech company founded 7 years ago by a team of academics and technologists. Our development team is based in Kyiv, lead on-site by one of our American cofounders (Heath).
We help doctors provide remote medical care, researchers collect structured data, the general public understand personal risks of disease, and much much more. Our products include:
- Doxy.me: The simple, free, and secure telemedicine solution currently used by over 700,000 doctors worldwide and helping over 500,000 patients per day.
- dokbot.io: Patient-focused data collection for healthcare.
- ItRunsInMyFamily.com: Using health history to identify risks of cancer and other diseases that run in families.
- Customer-centric approach. This is one of our core values and we need you to support it. We hire people that believe in what we believe.
- Growth mindset and T-shaped people. We really care about the products we’re building, and we want your ideas and expertise to be a part of it.
- Friendly, patient, communicative, and honest. We are an American company and hire people that fit into the culture of our company. Cultural fit has the same importance for us, as your technical skills.
What to do?
- Assist in raising the bar of Doxy.me call quality and making better user experience.
- Work with engineering team on frontend framework-independent tasks (80%) and AngularJS-related (20%) and integrate them with backend (node.js).
- Be part of AngularJS to ReactJS transition process starting in 3-4 months.
- Be open to prioritize fixes and improvements over new features.
- Learn WebRTC framework or improve your knowledge and experience with it.
- Be part of cross-functional “Call experience” team together with software engineers, analysts, domain experts and researchers.
- Participate in LeSS process and Scrum ceremonies.
Why work at Doxy.me?
- We pride ourselves on being friendly, patient, communicative, and honest, and we hire people that fit into the culture of our company.
- Competitive pay with nice perks and a flexible and friendly approach to work.
- The office is located in Podil (metro Kontraktova) with flexible attendance, remote.
What we’re looking for:
- Thoughtful approach to decision making, knowing when to move fast and when to long-term optimise.
- An exceptionally strong developer.
- Focused on code quality and have the discipline to test your changes thoroughly.
- Ready to discuss possible solutions and different approaches to a problem.
- Extensive experience with external API.
- Upper-Intermediate English.
Will be a huge advantage:
- Any expertise on WebRTC.
- Experience with large-scale real-time systems.
- Being up to date with the latest frontend and real-time technologies and patterns, and enjoy sharing what you've learned.
Stages of communication:
- 30-min general conversation on Doxy.me platform with Recruitment Partner Liuda Ziuman.
- 3-hour general conversation on Doxy.me platform:
- first part is a 1.5-hour general conversation with Andrey Zhupanenko, Director of Engineering, and a few team members.
- 25-min pause;
- second part is a 1-hour technical interview with a few team members from a development team.
Also, to ensure HIPAA compliance we do a candidate’s background check after extending a job offer.
We look forward to hearing from you! :)