Doxy.me is looking for a Tech Lead React Engineer motivated by unique, interesting, meaningful challenges in the healthcare sector.
We need your expertise to help us with transition from AngularJS to React/Redux and setting up frontend technical leadership. You’ll be the owner of the frontend codebase which is built in React. You will work directly with CTO Heath Morrison, Director of Engineering Andrey Zhupanenko, Director Of Technical Operations Case Jones.
Tech/Tools: React, Angular, Vue.js, Node.js, Loopback, Typescript, ES2017+, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.
About the company
Doxy.me is a US-based tech company founded 7 years ago by a team of academics and technologists. Our development team is based in Kyiv, lead on-site by one of our American cofounders (Heath).
We help doctors provide remote medical care, researchers collect structured data, the general public understand personal risks of disease, and much much more. Our products include:
- Doxy.me: The simple, free, and secure telemedicine solution currently used by over 700,000 doctors worldwide and helping over 500,000 patients per day.
- dokbot.io: Patient-focused data collection for healthcare.
- ItRunsInMyFamily.com: Using health history to identify risks of cancer and other diseases that run in families.
- Customer-centric approach. This is one of our core values and we need you to support it. We hire people that believe in what we believe.
- Growth mindset and T-shaped people. We really care about the products we’re building, and we want your ideas and expertise to be a part of it.
- Friendly, patient, communicative, and honest. We are an American company and hire people that fit into the culture of our company. Cultural fit has the same importance for us, as your technical skills.
What to do?
- Set the vision for doxy.me frontend by establishing design patterns and shipping features.
- Work with the Product and UX team to identify new features and functionality.
- Work with an engineering team to develop new features with React on the front end, and integrating them with backend.
- Push forward and advocate Angular to React transition.
- Investigate new front end technologies and how they can be applied to improve the user experience.
- Be part of a cross-functional “Marketplace” team, as soon, as it will be created, together with software engineers, analysts, domain experts, and researchers.
- Participate in the LeSS process and Scrum ceremonies.
Why work at Doxy.me?
- We pride ourselves on being friendly, patient, communicative, and honest, and we hire people that fit into the culture of our company.
- Competitive pay with nice perks and a flexible and friendly approach to work.
- The office is located in Podil (metro Kontraktova) with flexible attendance, remote.
What we’re looking for:
- An exceptionally strong developer – we are looking for a hands-on person.
- Solid experience with multiple JS libraries and SPA frameworks.
- The ability to establish design patterns that will serve as prior art to others.
- Proved experience with architecting React/Redux web applications.
- You've shipped complex projects and features using the latest React features and have a proven ability to navigate tricky state management problems.
- Passion for creating great user experiences on multiple platforms, including mobile screens.
- Focused on code quality and have the discipline to test your changes thoroughly.
- Ready to discuss possible solutions and different approaches to a problem.
- Upper-Intermediate English.
Stages of communication:
- 1.5-hour general conversation on Doxy.me platform with Andrey Zhupanenko, Director of Engineering, and a few team members.
- 2-3-hours testing task.
- 1.5-hour technical interview with live-coding “Doxy.me screen-share”.
- To ensure HIPAA compliance we do a candidate’s background check after extending a job offer.
We look forward to hearing from you! :)