Tilting Point is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join for the team in the Kyiv office or remotely.
You will play a critical role in making sure the games we develop with our partners reach the outstanding level of quality required to become huge bestsellers (like some of our existing titles, Star Trek Timelines, Sponge Bob Krusty Cook-off, etc.). The main part of your job will be to work with these external partners and manage the relationship with them on the QA side. Additionally, you will also have some hands-on QA work to do.
You will be one QA specialist in the Kyiv office and will report directly to the VP of Engineering from the US.
About the company:
Tilting Point is a F2P publisher that empowers independent game studios to grow and flourish. The company has offices across the world, in New York City, Boston, Barcelona, Kyiv and Seoul.
Tilting Point empowers developers with:
Tilting Point executes best-in-class user acquisition while capturing mindshare and developing long term branding through marketing and PR.
Tilting Point’s expert product management team utilizes the latest tools and data to develop a winning freemium monetization strategy.
Tilting Point derives insights from industry-leading research firms and data partners, matched with analysis from our exclusive in-house team of market experts.
You will be:
- Testing a wide variety of games across all mobile platforms, quickly learning and mastering each one.
- Create and maintain test plans on games features.
- Apply testing plans and optimize workflow with QA teams.
- Build and send QA reports on each project.
- Understand the basic functionality of iOS / Android devices and troubleshoot most common issues.
- Follow up on and complete the test plans drawn up by the external QA Lead to pinpoint the bugs.
- Communicate and prioritize bugs with external teams.
- Follow up on bug fixes by the development team.
- Ensure as much prevention as possible for the development team in an effort to minimize the number of functionality bugs.
- Directly support the development team and QA team by reproducing the bugs in real-time.
- Highly process and detail-oriented in the creation, maintenance, and documentation of test cases.
- Work closely with multiple development teams and ensure the QA needs of each and every project are met.
Which professional skills are important:
- Must have 3-5 years of recent professional experience in game industry QA testing.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- A keen interest in mobile games.
- Excellent gaming ability.
- Must have strong organization skills
- Excellent communication skills all-around.
- Experience with bug tracking software such as Jira
- Comfortable working with teams in multiple time zones simultaneously.
- Mobile free-to-play experience is a plus.
- Startup environment — where each individual makes a large impact.
- Ability to own technical direction of various products and systems.
- Work with great people on great games that reach millions of people each month.
- Training opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.