Tilting Point is looking for a Data Engineer/Web Scraper to join our team in Kyiv. As part of the team, you will work on collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge sets of data. The primary focus will be to oversee the extraction and transformation of web data for ingestion in our data store. You will work with Spark-based ETL/pipelines and Airflow. You will interface with various internal teams to understand their data needs and provide high-quality data and insights which drive business value.
About the company:
Tilting Point is a new-generation games partner for top independent development studios, with a focus on the rapidly growing mobile and tablet markets. Tilting Point empowers elite developers with expert resources, operational support, and funding to give carefully selected games mainstream success. The company adheres to a core philosophy of putting development talent first, advancing industry-leading analytics, and overcoming discoverability hurdles with aggressive, best-in-class marketing. Tilting Point is located in Manhattan and Barcelona.
Tilting Point empowers developers with:
Tilting Point executes best-in-class user acquisition while capturing mindshare and developing long term branding through marketing and PR.
Tilting Point’s expert product management team utilizes the latest tools and data to develop a winning freemium monetization strategy.
Tilting Point derives insights from industry-leading research firms and data partners, matched with analysis from our exclusive in-house team of market experts.
3 main directions
- User acquisition financing
- User acquisition financing and management
About the team:
- 10 data engineers in NY office
- Globally, 100+
- The Ukrainian office is opening and now working in it: 1Team lead, 2 Data engineer, Tableau BI analyst
- Work with data analysts, game producers, and customer service to help extract data from websites for analysis and machine learning
- Design, implement, maintain and improve ETL/DDL processes
- Work with various internal teams to satisfy analytical needs by building both large systematic reports and small custom pieces
- Build data expertise and own data quality for a variety of products
Which professional skills are important:
- Minimum bachelor’s in Computer Science
- You are fluent in English (written and oral), additional languages a plus
- Proficient with Mac/Linux programming environment
- 2+ years of experience with Python and SQL
- Excellent knowledge of HTML/JS, JQuery, and XPath
- Working experience with web scraping frameworks like Scrapy
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different disciplines/locations
Will be a plus:
- Spark/Databricks experience
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Comfortable with AWS cloud (S3, EC2, Redshift, EKS(Kubernetes))
- Knowledge of streaming platforms (Kafka, Kinesis)
- Knowledge of existing third party analytics visualization software (Amplitude, Looker, Tableau)
- Experience in a free-2-play mobile game company is a definite plus
- Startup environment — where each individual makes a large impact
- Ability to own technical direction of various products and systems
- Work with great people on great games that reach millions of people each month
- Training opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits
If you are interested in this vacancy and you want to discuss all the details, please, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org