About the company
Our Data Engineering Lead will lead a Data Engineering team at TiltingPoint’s satellite office in Ukraine. In this role, you will need to provide our developer partners and internal teams the best data & tooling services offered for the mobile games market. As a leader, you’ll have the opportunity to help build and hire a Data team from the ground up. You'll report directly to the Head of Data in New York and be part of a thriving environment through communication and excellence across teams and with clients. In addition, you’ll play a critical strategic part in shaping the future of Tilting Point and the future of our developer partners from around the world.
Your Future at TPM
- Lead and manage a data team comprising of Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, Tools Programmers in Ukraine.
- Collaborate with Head of Data in NYC to build team roadmaps and schedules.
- Gather requirements from complex initiatives and able to break down and generate specs.
- Ability to prioritize: Establish metrics for determining ROI of any given project vs development efforts.
- Collaborate with all our internal teams for providing them support in analytics and tools.
- Interact on a daily basis with our NYC and BCN Data teams to make sure the data is prepared and presented in the most efficient way.
- Help Tilting Point becoming a beacon of Data Science excellence on the mobile apps market.
Your XP & Skills
- Positive attitude, passion for games, and a love for problem-solving.
- Must have solid programming skills and be an expert level in Python.
- Must have past experience hiring and leading a data team.
- You are fluent in English (written and oral), additional languages a plus.
- Leadership: 2+ years experience in managing and leading a high-performing data engineering team. Mentoring juniors and hiring.
- Excellent communication skills to work with internal and external teams.
- Must know SQL and have experience with data warehousing systems.
- Excited to work in a lean, small team environment working with the world’s leading developers.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with advertising/marketing, growth marketing a plus.
- Previous experience in mobile gaming.
- Kubernetes, AWS knowledge.
- Experience with Spark/Hadoop.
Choose Tilting Point for
- Startup environment - where each individual makes a large impact.
- Ability to own technical direction of various products and systems.
- Work with great people on great games that reach millions of people each month.
- Excellent location in Kiev.