DescriptionLocation: Jõe 4a, Kesklinn, Tallinn map
Working time: Full-time work
Languages required: English
Work experience required: 7-10 years
Contact person: Konstantin Root, VP of Engineering
betPawa is an online sports, gaming and betting company currently trading in Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, Zambia, Ghana, and Tanzania, with further operational offices based in London and Tallinn. Founded in 2012 by Kresten Buch (CEO), who later joined forces with Rasmus Hansen (CTO) and Pierre Vendelboe (COO), have a combined +30 years of experience in the sports betting, finance, and technology industries. Today, the company employs approximately 200 people globally, and are about to launch further offices and products in Africa, making this a highly exciting and unique time to join a successful, fast-growing international business.
The underlying platform is developed by our engineering team in Tallinn using Java (11), Spring Boot, Hibernate, MySQL and Docker. It is tailored to support a fast-growing user base and a high number of concurrently active users. We do weekly releases.
As a team leader of the platform team, you will be responsible for maintaining a high SLA of our existing services, expand them with new features and lead the platform development team. The platform team must deliver services with a high degree of scalability (>1000 transactions/second) and availability, as they are responsible for the cross-cutting services that are used by all other developers.
1. Experience in managing a development team
2. Solid knowledge of Java
3. Extensive experience with Spring and Hibernate
4. At least 7 years of backend software development experience
5. Hands-on experience with Docker and MySQL/PostgreSQL
6. Very good communication skills
7. Very good verbal and written English
8. A desire to lead a strong engineering team and deliver value
Knowledge of the sports-betting industry
1. A modern technology stack and best software development practices.
2. Participation in international conferences and trainings.
3. Personal and professional growth opportunities in a fast-growing product company.
4. Sports benefit, onsite gym and weekly football practice.
5. Fresh fruits, team lunches, and fun company events.
6. A modern office in Tallinn city center, free parking.
7. Workstation up to your choice (Windows, Linux).
8. A competitive salary.
Relocation Guide: https://www.workinestonia.com//wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Relocation-Guide-RUS.pdf
Quality of life in Tallinn, Estonia: https://teleport.org/cities/tallinn/
Job description, tasks:
1. Manage the backend engineering team.
2. Take responsibility for the design and implementation of features and services.
3. Ensure scalability of all services.
4. Participate in the full software development life-cycle.