About the company:
betPawa is an online sports, gaming and betting company currently trading in Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, Zambia, Ghana, Zimbabwe, and Tanzania, with further operational offices based in London and Tallinn. The company employs approximately 200 people globally, about 75-80 people in HQ in Tallinn of which 45 are in the IT department. The project is about 5 years in active operations. We are currently at a rapid growth stage.
Potential of the company, growth plans.
Soon launching more Africa countries as new markets. Current growth rate: 5%-10% per month. More than doubled users and sales in 2018. The organization will double the number of employees in Tallinn in 2019.
How do we do it:
The underlying platform is developed by our engineering team in Tallinn using Java (11), Spring Boot, Hibernate, MySQL and Docker. It is tailored to support a fast-growing user base and a high number of concurrently active users. We do weekly releases.
Services: Java (11), Spring Boot, Hibernate, gRPC
Data: MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana, and Graylog
DevOps: Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
Front-end: VueJS, jQuery
QA Automation: Java, Selenium and Allure
Possibly, be able to give an overview of all the projects in the company
Job description, tasks:
As a team leader of the platform team, you will be responsible for maintaining a high SLA of our existing services, expand them with new features and lead the platform development team. The platform team must deliver services with a high degree of scalability (>1000 transactions/second) and availability, as they are responsible for the cross-cutting services that are used by all other developers.
- Manage backend engineering team;
- Take responsibility for the design and implementation of features and services;
- Ensure scalability of all services;
- Participate in the full software development life-cycle.
Goodies of the stack — technology or something the candidate would appreciate working with: Microservices, Kubernetes, up to date stack, moving to CI/СD.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience in managing a development team
- Solid knowledge of Java
- Extensive experience with Spring and Hibernate
- At least 7 years of backend software development experience
- Hands-on experience with Docker and MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Very good communication skills
- Very good verbal and written English
- A desire to lead a strong engineering team and deliver value
- Knowledge of sports-betting industry
- A modern technology stack and best software development practices;
- Participation in international conferences and trainings;
- Personal and professional growth opportunities in a fast-growing product company;
- Sports benefit, onsite gym and weekly football practice;
- Fresh fruits, team lunches and fun company events;
- A modern office in Tallinn city center, free parking;
- Workstation up to your choice (Windows, Linux);
- A competitive salary.