About the company
Tilting Point is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team in Kyiv. As part of the team, you will work on collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge sets of data. The primary focus will be to oversee the construction and maintenance of our data pipeline/ETL processes and data stores. You will interface with various internal teams to understand their data needs and provide high-quality data and insights which drive business value. We will consider different engineers: very smart junior with one plus years' of experience (ex. some bright 4th or 5th year students from Computer Science Departments already working or equivalent bachelor's degree), or more seasoned professionals.
Your Future at TPM
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following, on an as-needed basis:
- Work with data analysts, game producers, and customer service to help define technology needs for the logging, processing, storage and presentation of data in a manner that delivers business value.
- Design, implement, maintain and improve ETL/DDL processes.
- Work with various internal teams to satisfy analytical needs by building both large systematic reports and small custom pieces.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for a variety of products.
Your XP & Skills
- Minimum bachelor’s in Computer Science.
- One plus years' of experience as a Data Engineer.
- You are fluent in English (written and oral), additional languages a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Python and SQL.
- Experience with the integration of data from multiple data sources and APIs.
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks.
- Knowledge of data lake and data warehousing concepts.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different disciplines/locations.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Apache Airflow.
- Java, Spark/Databricks experience.
- Experience with Golang.
- Experience in Scala.
- Comfortable with AWS cloud (S3, EC2, Redshift, EKS(Kubernetes)).
- Knowledge of streaming platforms (Kafka, Kinesis).
- Knowledge of existing third party analytics visualization software (Amplitude, Looker, Tableau).
- Experience in a free-2-play mobile game company is a definite plus.
Choose Tilting Point for
- Startup environment – where each individual makes a large impact.
- Ability to own technical direction of various products and systems.
- Work with great people on great games that reach millions of people each month.
- Excellent location in Kyiv (Platforma Fortuna).